The KIA Oval wanted to bring to life a new type of cricket experience for fans
In August 2014, Proxama worked with The KIA Oval to deliver a new exclusive VIP App, utilising the latest mobile proximity marketing technologies; Geo-fencing, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Near Field Communication (NFC). The unique app, available on both Android and iPhone, was launched ahead of the England vs. India test match, 15th-19th August, to enrich visitors’ experience at the stadium with exclusive, location-based valued content. A key aim of this initial project was to prove the value of the app and its proximity capabilities for a wider roll out for the 2015 Ashes Series.
The KIA Oval wanted to bring to life a new type of cricket experience for fans, by digitally enhancing the hospitality experience at The KIA Oval. The app comes alive when visitors are in close proximity of the stadium, via geo-fencing technology. VIP fans are then able to access additional valued content triggered via Bluetooth technology as they walk through the Corinthian Roof Terrace. Content ranges from interactive player profiles, live score feeds to an instant-win mechanic to win tickets to upcoming T20 cricket matches.
The mobile app utilised Proxama’s TapPoint® platform for the creation and management of the app experiences, including the ‘tap to win’ mechanic. This allowed The KIA Oval to set perimeters around the number of visitors that could win free cricket tickets. TapPoint’s reporting and analytic facility provided The KIA Oval with detailed insight into the number of geo-fence triggers, beacon triggers, unlocked content and competition entries.
• Geo-fencing: to welcome visitors with The KIA Oval app on their handset to the stadium and provide access to exclusive content
• Beacons: to trigger further exclusive content via Bluetooth Low Energy to VIPs within The Corinthian Terrace
• Near Field Communication (NFC): to enable visitors to download the app when they arrive
• QR Codes: to enable visitors to download the app when they arrive
• Over 25% of the targeted audience downloaded the app on iOS and Android
• 60% active users
• 6,000+ beacon triggers